samedi 26 mars 2011

Too many luxuries too fast (23 Enero 2011)

Caption: This is a picture of my mum and I in Sapa, Vietnam January last year

Marakuya* juice seduces my taste buds                   *Passionfruit
The maid does all the washing and cleaning
The taxi or bus takes me to work, chauffered
I have a three course meal every lunch
For small change in my country
I'm busy at work and they speak English for me
Because my Spanish is useless
In the wealthy suburbs
They're hosing the dust
And watering their desert oasis gardens
Whilst a few kilometres away
People don't have water pipes
I relax on leather lounges in the cinema
And enjoy our luxurious penthouse
Where the doorman lets me in everyday
Even with the elevator
Ready and waiting
The mangos are less than 50c a kilo
And my life's as juicy as them
If I don't take the little changes
For granted too quickly
It's my mum's birthday today

1 commentaire:

  1. All the poems on this blog can be found in my newly published book "The Chameleon and the Cuckoo Clock". For more information visit my latest blog:
    http://chameleonabroadadvice.blogspot.com/p/chameleon-and-cuckoo-clock-book.html

    RépondreSupprimer