samedi 26 mars 2011

The first entry

No one can argue with me that the Top End has some of the best sunsets in the world. This was taken in Acacia.

Well, it's hard to start writing anything really because there's so much paranoia around internet usage. I'm scared that if I start to write something, then one day if I lived in Russia, they'd find out that I'm a "writer" or "poet" and not really an engineer and maybe I'll end up in a ditch for being a suspected anti-regime activist or something crazy. All because once upon a time I had a sweet and innocent blog about living in Peru for 9 months! And my other fear is that someone will steal my precious poems before I get a chance to publish them, but what's the point in writing if noone ever reads your work?!

But at some point, today I guess will be the day, I have to face my fears and put something up on this blog.
In true engineer style, let's give this some boring structure!

Purpose of the Blog: To share a little bit more about living in Peru then just photos and maybe try to make a few jokes (although I'm afraid they're not my forteit in print). To share some creativity and poems and a bit more then just the present. There's enough structure in my life that this isn't going to be really structured. I'm going to be selfish and spontaneous and hopefully no one will read this, but for me it will become an important place where I can compile thoughts and reactions and forget about logical thinking and focus on creative thinking. This will help me balance out the yin and yang thinking! I hope that at least one person will read this and smile and then the blog will have achieved it's very unambitious purpose. So please, enjoy!!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire